Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Another dive into HouseFairy Land

Ok, so its been a few days since we first started talking about the House Fairy and I think that Lexee loves this concept. We ended up redoing her "fun room" after I sent her a note from the HF - penned, of course, by Mommy. Her prize for a tidy bed room and play room was to get her finger nails and toe nails painted. She was less excited for the "service" than she had been for the bracelet that I made her the time before that and the fan and glitter I left her the first time.

We bought the whole house fairy system since I think that the idea of instilling a good feelings from doing the right thing is a good place to work from. I know that we usually picked up our rooms out of a fear of loss instead of a feeling of accomplishment. Those times when I did choose to clean my room myself I loved how that felt and I would rather teach that to Lexee than teach her to be motivated through fear.

We'll see how this goes... at least for now it feels like a step in the right direction!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oooooh BLoGgEE love!
xoxo
jul