Monday, January 21, 2008

Monday, Monday

Poor Packers. So, DH headed to the frozen tundra on Saturday for the game yesterday, did any of you watch that? eeks. Lexee Shea and I were cozy on the sofa rooting for the Pack and wondering at the ability of humans to be able to move around in that cold cold cold weather -or Icebox as my friend Carol is calling her home state of Minnesota. We were bummed to see that they lost in fact Lexee lept up and made her Daddy a card that says she loves him and has heart stickers all over it and then she put on her red sparkle shoes and informed me that we were going shopping for a cheering up gift for Daddy. Too cute, really, but at that late hour we decided to have popcorn and think happy thoughts to Dad. He's headed back to the BayArea today where we're hoping that the fog will lift enough for them to land.

Oh, I finally have my computer back, but apparently the lap-top fix it man (READ: Julee's little brother - Mike) forgot to get the files off my "desktop" and now I've lost a few years worth of scanned art projects, photos, downloaded collage sheets, my own collage sheets that I'd been working on and god only knows what - unless I can find some things on the external HD. Oh well, live and learn. I'm not going to cry over spilt milk, but I will have that little pang of loss for awhile. I know that I lost images that I had bought from Tallulah's, Lisa Vollrath, and LunaGirl Images. Total loss is less than $100, its more the inconvenience of having to research my losses and replacing them. And way worse than that is the loss of the images of works that I've done that I don't think I'll ever see again and the loss of images that I had scanned for people who had sent me things in swaps I hosted. This is a lesson in organization. Put it in the external HD when you scan it and you won't have to worry about it getting fried on your laptop's HD - put stuff onto Flickr and have to worry even less.

While Lexee and I were feeling pretty good yesterday we worked on making some little wooden projects - just painting and embellishing which she LOVES! We'll send those out as gifts through the year. I prepped my foam core for my shrine project and I think I'm going to pull it together today to get the first walls of the shrine cut, wrapped and glued. This feels like a good day to honor our roots being MLK Day and all. I think that my shrine is going to be about overcoming grief... that's really "up" for me right now so I may as well see where it goes.

I'll leave you with this quote that I love from Dr.King:

"The world in which we live is geographically one, and now we are challenged to make it spiritually one.... Through our scientific genius we made of the world a neighborhood and now through our moral and ethical commitment, we must make it a brotherhood. We must all learn to live together as brothers otherwise we will perish together as fools."

--Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. from his 1963 March on Washington speech



Have a creative day whatever you do.

Love and Light,
Julee

1 comment:

  1. Oh Jul, I love the quote from Dr. King. What an incredible man he was... and still is as he lives on in the hearts and minds of others, most of whom never even met him! It has been nearly 40 years since his assassination and he is even more revered than he was while he was alive.

    HUGS,
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete

Oooooh BLoGgEE love!
xoxo
jul