Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Lead Cricuteer!

Last week I took a last minute, whirlwind trip to "Sin City" yep, Julee and Las Vegas got a little more familiar with each other... "Paris" was SOMETHIN' else! There was little time for standard Las Vegas fun, but we did GET OUR CRAFT ON! Provo Craft, that is!!!

I was invited to become a representative for the crafty brand of tools that makes such wonderful things as the Cricut Expression Personal Cutter and Cake! Cricut and its big sister the Expression are amazing tools that cut paper, chipboard, vinyl, fabric and more Cake is a food safe version of the Expression. This is the cutter that is setting the cake decorating world on its head!  I'll be showing how all of the their tools are used at the Michael's in Dublin where you can get the special PINK Cricut Expression! Soon to follow will be Cricut 101 classes where we'll make some projects using the tools... have a peek at why I'm so excited!


Here's what Provo Craft has to say about the new Wonder Tool Cricut Cake, Kitchen Red
The Cricut Cake™ Personal Electronic Cutter is specifically designed for decorating professional-looking cakes, cupcakes, cookies, and confections in no time at all. Just choose a shape, a size, and press CUT. Decorating like a professional has never been faster or easier. Bon Appetit! 

Also from Provo Craft is an AMAZING silk screening machine that's small enough to have at home, but still big enough to silk screen EVERYTHING! Its called the Yudu and any Mark Montano fans will recognize it from the work he did in his recent crafty book adventure and CHA! They demo'd it to us a the event in Vegas and we each got to make our own silk screened tote bag... let me just say that I am so excited about playing with and teaching people about the machine that I've already warned my family about leaving laundry on the floor... its all subject to silk screening if found by MOM! :) But not just clothing... picture frames, decorative pillows, draperies... furniture... the dog... ok, not really the dog, but OMG so excited!

Last, but by no means least is the Cutter like no other, the Cricut Expression and her side kick Gypsy. Mine is set to arrive tomorrow and I've already given it a station in my studio so that I can properly exploit its features upon arrival! I can't WAIT to cut amazing designs for my cuffs and jewelry! Altering clothing is definitely going to be my next big push and this thing is going to blow that world wide open for me! I'll be bringing you along with me by sharing all of the designs that I create with step by step tutorials and tons of pictures, of course! The Expression can cut things as delicate as vellum and as sturdy as chip board and rubber for stamps up to 12" x 24"!!! Who can't use that? 

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE (heee heee sorry I'm really jazzed, can ya tell?) There is an interface to the Cricut called the Gypsy and this little gizzmo... I don't even know where to begin... let's just say that it stores ALL of the cartridges for you... you can store them away in a tidy little bin and just use the Gypsy to manipulate images allowing us to create thousands and thousands of combinations.  Here's a HYSTERICAL video put out by Provo Craft about the Rogue Gypsys

Now GO GET YOUR CRAFT ON!!!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oooooh BLoGgEE love!
xoxo
jul