Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A Night on the Barbary Coast (click ME)

I have been soooooo busy with work stuff that I haven't taken the time to blog about the FANTASTIC evening we had recently... as a fundraiser to a mentoring group in SF we attended a costume party... OMG it was so fun!!! Simon (the DH) and I got all dolled up (though I'm sure he prefers different terminology there... its still true!) and painted the town 1920's style!

For some FUN reason Blogger isn't uploading my image, but if you click the title of my post you'll see what I mean!

There was gambling, but not by me... I'm more of a cheerleader than a gambler. In fact, I stepped in for Si at the Black Jack table momentarily and was immediately shunned by my table mates for "ruining their hands"... LOL oh well, it was pretend money and all for charity any ways, right??? Well, someone won a trip to Mexico (or was it Hawaii? ooops... oh well!) and some other lucky souls won a trip to wine country and an RV trip somewhere... I guess I was too busy chatting up the girls to bother with the details, but a fun time was had.

If you're local and you're looking for a way to be charitable this holiday season (and through out the year) check out City of Dreams. The organization is headed by Marty Higgins and some fabulous staffers who make it all come alive!

xoxo
jul

3 comments:

  1. Too bad about the pictures. I would have loved to see you in your costume. I stay away from gambling, too, as I don't seem to have any luck with it, EVER. Funny thing is, others have said I bring them luck (and I think, "great...glad I could help YOU out").

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had picture loading problems, too, on Thursday though. Finally got them to stick!

    I jumped over and looked at the pick and some of your other ones. Very cute! Also, Lexee is getting big! She definitely looks older than I remember from pics I saw just last spring. Yipes! That just highlights how fast they grow - Rexy just hit 44 inches tall and she's only 4 1/2.

    I sure wish I lived nearer to you. Those classes all look like so much fun!

    xoxo
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julie,

    Thanks for dropping by! My dad's mom was a seamstress and that's where most of my buttons and sewing notions came from. Now I've got to turn them into something crafy instead of just letting them sit in boxes in hiding somewhere.

    xo
    Serena

    ReplyDelete

Oooooh BLoGgEE love!
xoxo
jul