Wednesday, March 11, 2009

29 Gifts




It feels good to give.  I love to give.  Being a Leo its part of my generous nature to want to share what I have with others around me.  So, when I became aware of the world wide movement 29 Gifts a Giving Challenge I was thrilled.  I participated in the 29 Day Give and journaled it all on the Ning site assosciated with the challenge.  Then I went for round 2...  I found that giving had become a part of my life.  Noticing what I give to the world and what the world is giving me... "Positive Expands" as my friend Gina would say.  

I am so moved by the change this is making in the world that I have offered to donate 20% of the proceeds from the sales of my art work and work shops to 29Gifts.org where they have a "cause of the month" that is helped by the donations. This month its all about sending a woman to South Africa to sing with her choir.  The woman happens to be the Medicine Woman who gave the challenge to Cami as her "perscription".  
The longer I am involved the more good I realize is being done.  Here is an open invitation from the founder of 29 Gifts, Cami Walker:

It feels great to be part of a positive community and help create a revival of the giving spirit in the world. There are already more than 3,800 people taking part from 38 countries and our goal is to grow the movement to 29,000 givers as soon as possible. I hope you’ll say "YES" and join with me to offer your own gifts to the world. It’s so simple. Just sign up at http://www.29Gifts.org and commit to give away 29 gifts in 29 days. If you want to, you can share stories or art on the 29 Gifts community website about how it impacts your life to focus on giving. You can start your personal challenge any time, and your 29 Gifts can be anything given to anyone... money, food, old sweaters, smiles, your time, kind words, positive thoughts, prayers... WHY SHOULD YOU DO THIS? To inspire more generosity on our planet. Because to see our world change, we have to do something to change our world. Plus, the best way to attract abundance into your own life is to be in a perpetual state of giving and gratitude. Visit http://www.29Gifts.org today and sign up to start your giving! Thanks!

What else can I say?  Cami says it all so well... 

xoxo
jul

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oooooh BLoGgEE love!
xoxo
jul