Friday, December 21, 2007

Wing Challenge published


So, there I am, there I am, there I am... I'm sittin' there minding my own business when I get an email from my friend Karen in NYC that says something along the lines of "ummm do you have something published in this new Doll Crafter & Costuming magazine? I mean, its "altered art" and it has something like your name next to these winged baby shoes." My first response was no. I hadn't submitted anything nor had I been notified that I was going to have something published so I didn't think it could be me, but then I thought well, I do have those fab baby shoes of Lexee's that I stuck some wings on... OH! WINGS! THE WING CHALLENGE!!! WOOOH HOOOOO!!! IT MUST BE ME!!!

So, I took a deep breath and coyly emailed the UBER talented Jean Bernard of famous doll maker fame who's Yahoo group I belong to and asked her... "whatever became of that wing challenge we did earlier this year?" Well, she had forgotten all about it - as I had - and then she scanned and emailed the image you see at left! HEY, its real! That's my project that I did for Stacey's benefit this coming Spring! I had used Jean's technique to add to my altered shoe project and when I posted them to the group they all thought I should join in the challenge. I really didn't think I had a chance since it was a doll mag and I didn't use them in a way that would be appealing to doll enthusiasts, but I got an email from the editor and I sent her a picture I took and I never heard anything again.

Well, today I FINALLY was able to put my hands on the actual magazine and I'm so excited to announce that I have had one of my favorite projects published in a national magazine.

Thanks, to Jean Bernard and to Doll Crafter and Costuming!!!

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely FABULOUS, Jul!!! We're all so proud of you! Big HUGS and congrats! Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Juls! Woo- hoo! What a way to cap off the year. I'm so excited for you.

    And I'm pleased to see that *YOU* went a little crazy shopping too! I'm right there with you ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jules--
    OUTSTANDING!!!! I am so proud of you and yes girl, blow your own horn!

    YOU'RE A ROCK STAR!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks ladies!
    i really do appreciate the acknowledgment and the support - feels so good to know I have a good network of people around me.
    xoxo
    jul

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julee,
    Congrat's you deserve it.
    I knew that as soon as other people got to see your artwork they would tell you the same thing I have been saying for years...you are talented, creative and your artwork is amazing! Keep it up! Your on your way, this is just the begining of a great new adventure!
    Love & Light,
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete

Oooooh BLoGgEE love!
xoxo
jul